9.08.2007

Psychological Testing??

I went to a new doctor this morning because I have been having such terrible sinus infections. The one that put me in the emergency room last month is coming back. I went in for that, and got a prescription for antibiotics. While I was there I decided to ask the doctor about being Bipolar. I stopped taking my medication in January and I feel really good. I don't consider myself to be depressed anymore. I have minor setbacks, like anyone else. But I still find that I am unable to commit to things; finish what I start. I find it very difficult even to concentrate on the most simple tasks. Having a conversation with someone has become a challenge. I get bored easily and lose interest in what I am doing, or what people are saying to me. Most of the time I don't hear anything that's being said to me. I see that you're talking to me, but I'm not listening to the words that you're saying; my mind is elsewhere. I have come to think that instead of being Bipolar that I may actually have ADD. To determine this I would need to go in for psychological testing to test certain levels of things... Again, I wasn't listening as the doctor was speaking.

I then asked about the weight that I gained from all the medication trials I went through. The doctor that I saw had the most brilliant response. I think you all should try this if you find yourself needing to shed a few extra pounds. "When it comes to choosing a parking spot closer to do the door, or one further away, I suggest you go take the furthest parking spot".

I am stunned.

I sat there silently for a few moments. I just wanted to get up and run for the door. I sat in the their waiting room for three hours and thirty minutes waiting to see the doctor who, I think, should be given an award for his excellent medical skills.

I got no where with that exam, and now I feel even more crazy than I did when I went in. I cried as I left the doctor's office. Everyone looks at me like I am a walking, bumbling, stumbling moron who is always sick. Mostly true. The injuries and illnesses are legitimate but I am so tired of being that. I don't like being sick all the time. Also, I would like to go a decent amount of time with out an injury.

I hate feeling like I am crazy. I don't like hearing that I am crazy. I do not like the usage of the word "crazy". I am not crazy. I am unique, and quirky.

This was not one of my better days.

No comments: