6.14.2007

Perhaps, A plastic bubble?

It is apparent to me that I am not coordinated enough to walk up or down a flight of stairs.

You can understand why some things I do have no affect on me.

Yesterday on my way out of my office, I fell down the stairs. This may not come as a shock to you if I were to tell you that my office is on the lower level of the building. But rest assured that I have successfully walked up and down that particular flight of stairs every day at my job. However, yesterday the three, teeny-tiny, steps that are the entrance to our building seemed to be a challenge. I of course was talking on my phone while walking out of the office. I was also not paying attention. This is nothing new. I skillfully worked my way down two out of three steps. I then overstepped and went right over the last step, and fell. Almost a year ago, to the day, I did this exact thing. Only on that ocassion I fell down a higher number of stairs. So it's no surprise to me that the foot I broke on my first tumble is quite swollen today. Wearing shoes today is not an option. I resort to my trusty Flip-Flops.

I should be locked in a padded room, or live in a plastic bubble. But, I am quite positive that I would manage to hurt myself even then.

No comments: