5.17.2011

Sweet Baby!

Yesterday was our twenty week ultrasound. It was like Christmas for us the night before... We finally get to find out if our baby is a little boy or a little girl!

We were very anxious in the waiting room, and I always stress out and worry about something being wrong when ever we go into these types of appointments. When we went back into the ultrasound room the tech asked us what we thought we were having. I have thought it was a boy from the very beginning. She said "I just don't get a boy vibe from you". She sat me down and covered my belly in the gel. Which was warm when I expected it to be cold. Andy could see what the baby was right away before she even had a chance to tell us. It took a minute for the tech to get the little one to sit still. But she finally got around to see that we are having a little girl!!

She was so active in there during the ultrasound. She kept stretching and arching her back and rolling over. She gave the tech a run for her money! She had all ten fingers and all ten toes. Andy teared up a little bit when he saw her squirming around trying to escape the ultrasound equipment. She would kick at the tech, and at one point the tech felt her kicking the equipment. She's very active. And the stronger she gets the more I feel it. Everything looked perfect.


After the ultrasound the doctor came in to talk to us. He made a joke about Andy looking familiar, because he was just there last week. It was funny but then he had to tell us that there is a small cyst in her brain. Which initially freaked me out. They did tell me that there were no other markers in the ultrasound to indicate a problem and that the cyst they see are almost common now and because there are no other markers that there's a 95% chance it will be gone before her next ultrasound. They said they have to tell me about it, but they also told me not to worry about it either that they're confident that it will go away.

We decided not to tell our families about this because we didn't want to freak anyone out over something that will most likely disappear in the next few weeks. They said the equipment that they use now is so advanced that they never would have been able to pick that up on an ultrasound in the past.

I go into these appointments worried and this time something wasn't right... I'm just crossing my fingers that everything is perfect at our next ultrasound next month.

After our appointment we had our family come over for cake so that we could tell them what we were expecting. I made them wait and didn't tell them right away. Instead I hid the answer in the cake.



This morning I have felt her moving all over the place, kicking and rolling round. She's got a favorite spot too. Most of the time I can feel her in that spot just by sitting up. It makes me happy that I can feel her moving around so much. She really is quite the active little girl!






No comments: