7.12.2011

July Check Up

I had my monthly doctor's appointment this morning. I saw an actual doctor this time. So far I've been able to meet them all and I really like all the doctors in the practice. So I won't be crushed if my original doctor isn't the one that delivers Ava. This appointment was interesting! Andy couldn't go with me this time becuase they had to reschedule my appointment and he had to work. Same routine every time we go in, lay back, the measure me, and push around on my belly checking everything out then we listen to her heartbeat. This time... the doctor did his measuring and checking and said "About 33 weeks, which is good becuase you're 31 weeks" ... I said "No.... I'm 28 weeks!" He checked his chart and said "Really?? hmm... guess we'll have to see how big baby is tomorrow" He asked me about how big Andy & I were when we were born and confirmed that I don't have gestational diabetes (So that's not why she's so big already) They just think I'm further ahead than what they first thought. They've already changed my due date. She's weighing an additional week ahead but my apparently the measurements and size of my uterus says I'm even further. It's a guessing game now. They won't change my due date but I guess that Andy and I need to spend some time getting a little more prepared for her to be a little earlier than October. Glad that we're doing my baby shower 7 weeks before her due date. If she does come early than we will at least be somewhat prepared. I don't even know where to go when we get to the hospital yet! Our classes are in 5 weeks to go through all of that fun stuff!

Tomorrow is our 3D/4D ultrasound. I'm looking forward to that. It's about an hour long, and they tape it for us so we can take it home and save it. Then after that ultrasound we have a normal ultrasound to track her weight and see how heavy she is this time.

Starting August 11th I will be at the doctors office 2 times a week for an ultrasound and fetal monitoring, and then everything week we meet with the doctors. Things are going so quickly now I'm somewhat starting to panic....

No comments: