7.22.2011

One of those days...

Today has been a really rough day for me. I woke up at 5:30 to find that my pay check had been messed up for the second time this month. When you're expecting a $1500 check, and get a $700 check instead that kinda sucks. Sooo... I cried, a lot. And stressed and emailed my manager and the secretary immediately. Yes, at 5AM! When I got to work, it had partially been corrected, but was still short some of the hours. That was finally straightened out around 1:00 but it was too late to get the full amount in a check on Monday. so my next check SHOULD have the remaining hours in it.

I had an interview appointment with a potential student this morning for a campus tour. After talking to her on the phone yesterday I had a feeling that she was a shopper... I was right. Half way through the tour she told me that she was a shopper. I finished up the presentation and went through the rest of the application process with her. She let me know that she works at the baby shop in Flushing that we saw a few weeks ago (but they were closed on Sundays)... So tomorrow Andy & I are going in to look around becuase we saw a few things that we did like. I told her I was looking for a baby book. Because we haven't found one yet that we liked enough to spend that much money on. She said they have some really cute ones.

After that, I went to my boss about some other people that I work with. The way things were handled with my paycheck mess upset me. I thought I was closer to that person that I guess I am. I feel that the relationship that I had with her is ruined as a direct result of the relationship with someone else in my office. So, I went to my boss about it. Apparently he was aware of this because someone else already came to him about it. He said he was going to talk to me about it anyway. He said he's noticed a change in me over the last month.

I come in to work and keep to myself away from any drama that's in this office. I told him that I feel like I'm in high school again. I also told him about the two days that one of the instructors came into the office blowing up on me about a student - and that a fellow co-worker could back me up on that b/c they were sitting next to me when it happened. I didn't even have a chance to respond to anything, so I absolutely was not at fault for anything that happened with that. I told him that I hadn't come to him about it before because I didn't want it to seem like I was trying to create more drama. Becuase I really don't want that.

From my understand several other co-workers had gone to my boss about the obvious tension between me and this other person in the room, so that he was aware of it. I guess I can't really talk to anyone in the room about anything anymore. It never used to be like that. I have no one at work that I trust.

I was told that I need to sit down with the two other girls in the office and resolve the situation. But I can't control my hormones and crying long enough to do that.

I just have 2 more months to get through and then I'm on maternity leave. And none of this high school stuff will matter. I have bigger, more important things to worry about.

No comments: