My job is stressful on it's own with out people adding to it. It's very demanding. Since I've been pregnant it seems like it's been even more stressful. It's really not... I'm just not good at handling my emotions. I've blown up on my boss once in the past seven months. Thankfully he did not fire me!! He understood where I was coming from.
At some point over the next two months I have to confront two girls that I work with - bosses orders. One of the girls I went to high school with. We were not friends in school but she is working here based on my referral. My boss asked me before finalizing her hire if I was going to be OK with her working here, and I said it wouldn't be a problem. I even gave him her resume! However, I feel like I'm back in high school again. The petty gossiping, girls being immature, the cliques... all of it. I'm going to be 30 years old soon and I am still dealing with this!? Seriously??!
The frustrating part for me is that I've done my best to avoid it, and stay away from it. I rarely talk to anyone else in the room. Mostly because I don't trust that anyone in the room can keep anything to themselves. If you don't want everyone to know something, tell no one.
All of this comes down to............ the boy friend.... and then it's like a chain reaction. Then her BFF is on her side.... and the next person in their "group" and so on.... That's what has happened here. The truth is, I don't like her boyfriend. He works here too (also because I passed his resume onto my boss - but who cares, right?).... He's sort of ... a d-bag. To put it nicely... He's very rude, condescending, and feels that he is better than everyone else - and treats people like he is. He's also the instructor I mentioned in a previous entry that felt it was OK to speak to me in a way that a fellow male co-worker said "If he ever speaks to you like that again I will step in!" ... My students don't like him, for the same reasons. These things are the number one reasoning behind her dislike for me. So in turn, her friend and cube mate feel the same way. They don't speak to me, are rude to me when I try to speak to them. And they had the nerve to go behind my back and tell my boss that I'm the one creating this tension?
She's made it her mission to divide the room. And successfully so. I've worked here for 2 years and not once had a problem with any of my co-workers. Suddenly after she's been here less than 6 months I am a drama queen? Hardly true.
I don't feel that addressing the situation is going to help either. Clearly, only one of us is a grown up in this situation... So it's just going to create more problems. I can see exactly what will happen. I'll talk to both of them, separately. Then it will be gossip city after we're finished.. Between the two of them and the 3 other people in their clique.
The hard part for me, I was close to two of those people at one time. Very close. And that hurts more than anything else...
No comments:
Post a Comment